Thursday, February 16, 2012

doing a little happy dance

did you ever walk into a store
with the intention of buy one thing
but 
found a screaming deal
and lost your mind all together
and
walked out with said screaming deal
and not the intended item?

ya,
i did that yesterday
at pottery barn
architect's smart technology table lamp - $199 at pottery barn
i guess the brass version is discontinued
and
my local pottery barn "found" two in the back
unpacked them that morning and i snatched one up 
and brought her home
 she's gorgeous right?
and
she weighs a TON

this won't be her permanent spot
i have big plans for her in my office
that is
when i finally kick the kids playroom to the basement
and claim the playroom as my office
so until then, she'll reside
next to my favorite z gallerie leather chair
a perfect place for reading & watching the bachelorette
i know
that show is awful, but i can't stop watching
and
that courtney is bat-sh*t crazy
LOVE IT!
 so instead of picking up a gallery frame
for the amazing print my hubby gave me for christmas
i brought home her brassy goodness
and totally forgot to even look at the frames

 and the very best part
is
she was 75% off!
heck yes!
how lucky am i?
hope you're having a great day!

xoxo - erin


6 comments:

  1. Shut up. That lamp is awesome and just PERFECT for your space. I can't believe you got it for only 50 bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when I score a bargain before anyone else! That lamp is pretty much the perfect office lamp ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. I want one of those for my desk too. Although mine would not look as chic as yours. Is it me or is Ben a total dweeb? I don't see him as attractive at all. I am only watching it because it is my crack, I can't stop even though I tell myself to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome deal...good for you! And, I love that pillow on your leather chair...I remember you posting that before. Etsy maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so speaking my language! I would have done the exact same thing. Grabbed it. And walked out with a gigundous smile on my face. Completely forgetting why I was there in the first place.

    LOVE the lamp! I'm looking for a dark wall sconce version of that lamp for bedside tables. So far the ones I am in love with are only $380. Each. *wahhh!*

    ReplyDelete