Monday, February 13, 2012

skoots and cuddles gets a little political


if you can't see the above video
here's a link

this is NOT a political blog
however
i am a political person

i keep those views to myself
and 
only my family/friends have to put up 
with that side of me
i tend to get worked-up and rant-y

for years i supported domestic partnerships
didn't see how it was different from marriage

i thought marriage (by definition) was for
a man and a woman

my views have changed
that doesn't happen a lot

maureen walsh from walla walla, washington
she set me straight

bravo maureen! 
now i understand.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. I loved it. I am very political but I have learned from mistakes in talking about politics with people who don't agree with me that it is best to stay mum. My hubby and I love all the Sunday news shows! I wasn't sure how I felt about the marriage thing either but I have an older family friend who has been in a relationship with his partner for longer than I have been alive! I think that is pretty remarkable and based on that, I feel like they deserve the same rights as everyone else. I hope people listened to Maureen and heard what she said.

    I wish you and I could spend some time talking about the current birth control issues... very interesting... ;)

    ReplyDelete